2018 Family Vacation: Biloxi & Destin








What can I say? I love to travel, and I have a weakness for hot sandy beaches, refreshing waters overtaken by waves, and cool breezes. The water brings me life... the breeze relaxes my soul... and the sand comforts my toes. 

My greatest desire since childhood has been a family vacation to Florida. My dad would promise us every summer that we'd go. It never happened, and I was constantly disappointed and depressed by it. Around the age of 14, I ceased getting my hopes up, but the desire remained that one day it would transpire. I would boast every single year to my friends, classmates, and teachers, "My daddy is taking us to Florida this year! I cannot wait to tan on the beach and swim in the ocean! We're going to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida next summer; and it's going to be awesome!! I need a major vacation right now. Florida is waiting for me!” Haha, I owned a huge imagination and a lot of pride. Too bad the law of attraction never worked for me concerning family vacations.

Once I relocated to Atlanta, GA I took 3 trips to Florida. I spent 4 days in Destin and 2 days in Tampa. I loved every moment; it was a beautiful as well as magical experience for me. I had waited over 20 years to witness the captivating views that the ocean possessed, the remarkable white beaches, the emerald-hued waters, the cool breeze, the breathtaking dolphin and sunset cruises, the mouthwatering seafood, and the amusing dolphins. The unforgettable experiences had to be shared with my family.

I made it my ultimate goal to take my whole family with me in 2018. Unfortunately, my dad did not make it, as he passed away on April 17th  in ICU, nearly a month prior to the actual trip. Though it may have been a burden to care for him on vacation, I desired to have each of us together enjoying the waves, the sand, the breeze, the sun, the dolphin and sunset cruises, and the overall experience nonetheless. Many times in life, we don’t always get and/or experience exactly what we want, but we learn to make the most of what is. With that being stated, I was able to take my mom, brother, and nephew to both Biloxi, MS and Destin, FL. It was their first time, so it was extremely exciting! We had a blast on the beaches and cruise. I wish that we could have stayed much longer, but time conflicts arose. Next time, I’m shooting for at least 5 – 7 days.

Enjoy your family as well as your friends while you have them. You never know when one day, one hour, one minute, one second may be their last. Cherish them… forgive quickly and don’t allow unforgiveness to take root… be honest yet gentle… give freely… apologize and repent when you’re wrong… encourage and support them… and understand that authentic love is unconditional. Remember that we are imperfect beings in an imperfect world loved by a perfect God 😉

Enjoy the beach pics and God bless!! 😘



Biloxi Beach, MS with the fam 2018

Daddy (Bert) & Son (Josiah) playing in the sand

Josiah's 1st day at the beach!!


Biloxi Beach, MS with the fam 2018







Dolphin Cruise










Ship in Passing





Destin, Florida 2018

Brother & I before football in the ocean!! 😄



Mother is relaxing & helping Josiah build his castle/mound



Models in the water 











AJ's Water Adventures: Dolphin Cruise in Destin, FL 2018

Emerald-hued waters







































Comments

Popular Posts