Broken Love








The broken bones, the heart it longs…the heart it longs
The heart…it longs for peace
The heart…it longs for love
The heart…it longs to last
Forever, above, and beyond
But who knows what the future really holds
Who knows what the future really holds
When we say that we want love,
Are we truly in it for the love or are we in it for the lust, for the pleasure, for the gain, for the game
When we say that we want love,
Are we truly in it for the love, for what we can give instead of take and gain?
If we want love, do we truly want love,
Or are we just in it for the name?
If we want love, do we really want love or is it just for the sex…for the fame?
You see everyone…well not everyone, but many mistake lust for love and love for lust.
The two are inseparable in our minds and actions anyways (the younger generation)
All they see is love…
Sex means love…in their eyes
Money spent and given is love…in their eyes
Quality time is love…in their eyes
But what does the Bible say that love truly is?
Love is patient and love is kind.
Love does not envy, nor does it boast and brag.
Love gives all that it is and has…
Love is a blessing to behold, to receive, to let unfold.
Love is amazing; it truly is.
And I’d give all that I have for a love like this.
But the truth is, I’ve never been in love (with humanity anyways)
Nor do I understand how to fully express my love in this present day and age
If I truly have love…
But the Word of the Lord says that God is love
And since I have God, then I guess I have love then huh?
If the Word of the Lord is true and I believe that it is
From the beginning until the end,
Because it represents the Alpha and the Omega; my beginning and my end
My truth, my nature, my Father, the Glory.
He does not envy nor does He boast,
But He is jealous… jealous when others receive worship that He only deserves (Thou shalt have no other gods before me -Exodus 20:3// Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God -Exodus 20:5)
I am His creation.
I am His love.
He created me in His image
So everything that He is, I am
Because He gave parts of Himself to me.
I was created in His image.
His image I am, His image I’ll be, His image I’ve been.


Comments

Popular Posts