Today, I AM

From the beginning until the end and all of my life I’ve chose to,
I’ve tried to comprehend what it really means to be who God has called and created me to be.
Because it’s as if, I wasn’t who I was…                    
Because I didn’t understand…I really couldn’t see…
I was blind because of the world, what it had to reveal and expose
But, see, I’ve been searching for the light.
I’ve been seeking and searching for what’s right.
I’ve been trying and trying to get it right.
It’s been a dark few nights and a cold few days,
But one day hopefully, I’ll no longer be a slave
To the thoughts and the lusts of this world…
The images, the violence, the words, the hurt.
Hopefully, one day I’ll understand and one day I’ll see.


I’ll be able to comprehend what’s truly within me…
What God has given unto me and placed inside of me…
What the devil tries to take from me day after day
And my thoughts as he attempts to take take away.
See the enemy has his place in whomever he tries to stay, but where he belongs is under my feet
He knows who I am…I’m fully aware… as he tries to hide and sneak
Yet I spot him, I see him and I refuse to entertain him.
The Word of the Lord says that the enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy
And quite frankly, I refuse to continually be played with as if I’m a toy.
There is greater for me, there is purpose for me
One day, some day…Today “I be” who I am called and created to be.

                                             Today, I AM…




Comments

Popular Posts