Unaware...

I’m unaware of the present circumstances…
I’m unaware of what happens next…
I’m unaware of what the future holds…
I’m unaware of how to explain to this child that I’m not the mother
Yet my love is so deep, it runs deep to take care of another.
I’m just someone who had enough heart to take care of a baby
That I found abandoned, rejected, and left in the dark.
Someone who had a responsibility basically just thrown over and given
Because I couldn’t just leave the baby out in the cold, in the dark
I couldn’t…I wouldn’t when the darkness overtook the park
I couldn’t leave a baby that didn’t have a stable start, but has a journey, a future, an ending
Someday…and hopefully I’m not just pretending
Hopefully this situation may be as real as it seems in my mind as it is in reality



Comments

Popular Posts