Closure... Granting the Peace of Mind

Closure… granting the peace of mind
In former eras, it was hard to find
Wasting, dissipating days and time
Wondering, pondering what could be
Ignoring and paying no attention to what I could obviously see
That you were not who you claimed to be
What you spoke and professed never existed
Yet, because of your looks, eloquence, and array, it was hard to resist it
But following the atrophy, ensuing the tears
After the late nights, road trips, alcohol, dinners, workouts, and celebrations, I confronted my fears
I faced the truth of what was, what is
I believed you, because I wanted to
I believed you, because I did not want to lose you
I believed you, because my world needed a hero
My world needed someone in the flesh to save it from the misery
That it underwent with every breath
The pain within my heart when I encountered a near death
The abuse and misuse of those in my corner that had the most access
The fear of living in this world forsaken
The unease of not having all that I thought that I needed
So you… I chose to believe you, not necessarily for you
But for me; and now I can handle the cessation of you
Because you became a god to me; I worshipped you
I strengthened myself by the words spoken of and by you
That was what I needed or assumed I needed then
But, I was miles from being right and striking home
Yet, it’s fine, it’s cool; not needed, never was
Just an apprehension that had to be lived out, faced, and conquered
Loneliness, not being accompanied by others, another
The solitude, isolation, remoteness, seclusion, singleness, 
reclusiveness, lonesome stage of life
I was afraid to meet the day that I would have to live through it; but it arrived, unexpected
Yet, I was ready… prepared and trained for it
Life, the journey in which one that truly exists must travel
Whether delightful or distasteful, high-speed or steady, surrounded by problems or a boat load of lessons and tests, convenient or inconvenient, joy or terrors, peace or distress, risks or securities, success or failures
No one ever stated that we would live and experience the same identical lives at equivalent stages and levels
There comes a time when each of us must conquer the difficulties of life itself and live for ourselves
As I walk, breathe, and experience the life at hand
I can sincerely express my gratefulness today
For the closure that has granted me a peace of mind
I received life, joy, patience, peace, and the love that I was most afraid of experiencing on my own at one point and time.






Comments

Popular Posts