Dear Husband: Part 1




Dear Husband,

We have yet to meet; but I've been praying and asking for years now that I've become stronger yet weak

I've held out for you, got my life together for you, moved to Atlanta not necessarily for you, but God led me here too

I've fasted and prayed for you, forgiven my father and previous pastor for you

So that I could love unconditionally, from a pure heart, mind, and soul for you

In my dreams I've seen us together from the back and the side, but never face to face

At Stage Plays in the audience being drawn in by the story line

On the balcony of our home overlooking the skyline, with your arms in mine

On the beach, loving you and you loving me running along the ocean as it meets the sand

Husband, be strong wherever you are

I'm patiently waiting for you; and I hope that you're searching for me

But then again, maybe it's not time yet

Maybe there's more that God wants from you... from me

As I type these words, tears form, one day someday I'll meet you face to face

Maybe not on the internet (lol) but in person most definitely

Just promise me one thing, that you'll remain healthy and wealthy

Build your character, wisdom, and home

When I meet you I hope that I will recognize you and vice versa

That you'll be the Man of God that I need to lead me, pray with and for me, to love me, to hold me, to teach me

That I'll be the Woman of God who stands with you, loves you, strengthens you, entertains you, prays with and for you, and submits to you

That we'll satisfy each other sexually holding back nothing, emotionally comforting, and physically

That we'll each be mature enough to hearken to the voice of God and the Holy Spirit's leading

That we'll have the patience and compassion needed to make the marriage work

That we'll be friends, best friends before any relationship forms

That we'll be honest with each other, loving yet blunt

Please know on my behalf that I no longer classify myself as a Christian

I am yet a believer of Jesus Christ and I worship Him as my savior, my healer, and my deliverer

If you understand the concept, then maybe we'll connect

As my beliefs have certainly changed due to the depth of secrets and mysteries I've been exposed to

The Holy Spirit uncovers what it false and what is true

Husband, wherever you are...

I'm waiting for you...

Find me...

;)


--- Dear Husband: Love Letter Series

Comments

Popular Posts