3 - Day Detox







3 – Day Detox

Who originally stated that eating healthy was hard? I beg to differ. I strongly believe that it is more-so related to discipline. In this particular piece, I did not write a lot though it’s very personal for me. On June 9th, I began to transition into veganism for the 3rd time in my life ;) . As of now, I am vegan and damn proud of it. There are many who are not very fond of my decision; as it makes them uncomfortable when I turn away plates that they may have prepared out of love or even spite.

Truthfully, I was more-so spiritually led to become vegan in 2013 which was my first transition. The pastor in which I was under at the time laughed at and questioned me when a few of my previous brothers and sisters in Christ informed him of my decision. I was highly offended and embarrassed but stood my ground at the time and utilized the “if it’s not of faith, then it’s sin” scripture in the bible. Unfortunately, two weeks later, I was eating meat again. Fast forward to 2016; I lasted two weeks before transitioning back to vegetarianism, meat eater, and then pescatarian due to an injury that I incurred. Though vegetables provide a great amount of healing and restoration; I decided to add meat to my diet for what I anticipated as better and faster results. 

Anywho, enough about my past experiences. The following is a 3-day detox that will cleanse, reset, and renew the body. It relieves your body from heavy foods such as grains, sugar, processed foods, and meats. You are more than welcome to add additional days and/or food choices to the mix if you’d like. I highly recommend that you cater to your health preferences; otherwise you will detest it right? I am not a health expert; but I do understand the importance of self-discipline when it comes to eating.

Prep Time: 5 min   Cook Time: 0 min   Total Time: 5 min
Servings: 1             
3 – Day Detox Foods:
-       1 Banana (chopped)
-       6-10 Blackberries
-       7-10 Raspberries
-       12 Raw Baby Carrots or 2 Raw Medium – Large Carrots (chopped)
-       A handful of spinach leaves

You will indulge in each plate for both lunch and dinner. I personally prefer a light breakfast and typically ate bananas and berries. I drank 100% orange juice, water, and green tea. You are more than welcome once again to add or substitute. If you prefer strawberries, blueberries, apples, and/or oranges, utilize them instead. They each provide a large array of health benefits as well. Almonds are super healthy with a large amount of protein; so get creative if you need to by creating a smoothie, fruit bowl, or salad. Balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar are highly recommended for the salad. Some individuals may prefer to add yogurt; and that’s fine as well. Greek Yogurt is recommended for the non-vegans; and So Delicious Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt can be utilized by vegans.

Below are the health benefits of the items that I utilized:

-       Bananas: Loaded with essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, folate, and B6 which promote healthy bones, reduce depression, eliminate cramps, provide instant energy, anti-aging benefits, fiber, and great circulation for brain, water balance, and regular heartbeat.

-       Blackberries: Rich in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C & K, fiber, and manganese. Great antioxidant that promotes heart health, boosts the immune system, aids in weight management, improves digestion, promotes skin, bone, and eye health, maintains normal blood clotting, aids in cell development, and may prevent cancer.

-       Raspberries: Contain powerful antioxidants such as vitamin C, K, & E, fiber, iron, potassium, quercetin, and gallic acid that protect against cancer, boost immunity, aid in weight loss, relieve nausea, help minimize age spots and wrinkles while maintaining healthy glowing skin, and protect against fungal and bacterial infections.

-       Carrots: Great source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin A & K, potassium, and antioxidants that facilitate digestion, improve eyesight, kidney function, and liver function. They promote youthfulness and healthy glowing skin, provide healthy teeth and gums, as well as prevent cancer, strokes, and heart disease.

-       Spinach: Rich in vitamins and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, vitamins B6, B9, E, C, & K, folic acid, iron, and calcium that improve digestion and cognitive function, strengthen the cardiovascular system, prevent cancer, improve eyesight, strengthen bones, help create red blood cells, fight acne and wrinkles, aid in weight loss, remove toxins, improve metabolism, and contribute to energy production.

-       Orange Juice: Packed with vitamin C and antioxidants that will boost the immune system, fight off free radicals, provide fiber, prevent kidney stones, improve blood circulation, reduce inflammation, balance blood pressure, improve cholesterol, provide radiant skin, improve heart health, and aid in weight loss. (Freshly squeezed is highly recommended as it isn’t loaded with sugar)

-       Water: YOUR BODY NEEDS IT! Your body is made up of about 70% water; so it’s crucial. It helps maximize physical performance as well as energy levels, maintain hydration, pH balance, and healthy weight, prevent and treat headaches, relieve constipation, reduce risks of kidney stones, and prevent cardiovascular disorders.

Your body will thank you. I guarantee that you will feel more energized, clean, and refreshed. This is NOT STARVATION. Your body is able to survive; trust me. If you need a hot beverage in the early mornings or even throughout the day, drink green tea. Forget the coffee! Green tea is much healthier; as it is an excellent antioxidant that boosts immunity, prolongs life, protects your lungs and liver, lowers stress, reduces high blood pressure, detoxifies, supports skin health, eliminates bad breath, and supports weight loss. It’s also very hydrating and energizing; so coffee barely compares. There are detox teas available on the market as well which I utilize; and they are very beneficial to my health. I love hot tea in the morning; as it wakes me up, improves brain function, and relaxes my muscles.

If you like to snack throughout the day, either sip on green tea and/or lemon water or munch on a few berries or nuts. My previous coworker loved eating a handful of spinach leaves on break. I thought it was the weirdest thing ever; and it was hilarious to see but they’re amazing!

You will feel like giving up if this is your first time doing a detox. Don’t quit. It’s only 3 days. If you can go longer; I highly recommend it. I’m rooting for you and wish you all the best!

For any questions or concerns, feel free to email me directly or leave a comment. Blessings!

Comments

Popular Posts