Victoria's Secret





“What’s your secret Victoria?” They ask flirtatiously. Truthfully, the answer lies within my eyes

“I need love,” my eyes speak for me; those beautiful brown eyes seen so joyfully as I smize 

Love; deep affection, intimacy, adoration

Agape Love; unconditional love that has no limits, that forgives, respects, and serves endlessly

Love that doesn’t lust after what’s between my legs; but respects what is within my head

Love that sees me and knows me for who I am, that accepts me with open arms instead of trying to change me into an unknown image that I refuse to be

Love that holds me when I’m afraid to move forward and encourages me to continue as greatness lies ahead

Love that holds me accountable for my actions, for what I’ve done and what I have yet to do or say

Love that respects my body as the temple of the most high God regardless of the setting and what I’m currently wearing

Love that forgives me of my faults and holds no record of my wrong doings

Love that has no limits, eternal, everlasting…


“What’s your secret Victoria?” They ask teasingly, hoping that I’d smile and converse for a moment.

My secret is that I long for my husband every night I lay down and every morning that I awake.

In and out of the arms of other men does not quench my desire

It only adds fuel to the fire

Burning with lust and glowing with passion, yet left in disappointment when reality sinks in that these too are merely assignments, moments of pleasure, and/or credible lessons

The hope still lives as it hangs off of the cliff nearly breathless, exhausted from the battles, from the promises, from the counterfeits, from the lies, from the exchange of what it actually costs

Knowing deep down that of these men, not one of them is my husband

Love, a choice we choose to make

My husband, I will not settle for anyone less

Every exchange bears a cost; time, patience, giving of yourself, and expense

Is marriage guaranteed? Not at all.

Sure, the promises of God are yes and amen; but if I died today, tomorrow, or anytime soon, the promise would remain unfulfilled

Guaranteed? Never.

Hope? Yes.

Faith? Yes.


“What’s your secret Victoria?” They ask glaring into my brown eyes, hoping for a seductive answer.

 My response: “That’s confidential information. If I told you, it wouldn’t be a secret now would it? A word from the wise, “Seek and ye shall find…”

Victoria’s Secret

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts