Faith or Comfort?


Will you remain in a place of comfort only to be left stagnant, lifeless, and lethargic?
Will you accept all that comes your way and settle for less than you know you deserve?
Will you hide behind the four walls because religion looks good on you?

                                                  OR

Will you flee your comfort zone in order to meet your destiny?
Will you say "no" to that which cannot serve you and refuse to settle?
Will you give thanks for closed doors and understand that God has better ahead for you?
Will you rejoice in tribulation knowing that storms won't last forever?

Miracles do not happen in comfort zones. Miracles are not needed in comfort zones.

Authentic faith is not needed in comfort zones.

The power of God is witnessed best in our most uncomfortable stages of life, when we step out on faith and need Him more than anything. I can easily speak on the faith of my past. I've lived in 6 cities and 4 states in 3 years (2016-2019). Multiple transitions, alot of growth and planting, and no regrets. I was homeless in 2014 after I made a decision to walk away from a toxic environment; so I am aware of what it feels like to go without a place to lay your head and shower. I know the feeling of hunger. I also know that sometimes all you have to do is open your mouth and ask for help. Every scenario isn't the same. Glory to God, it didn't last more than 2 weeks for me. Like I said, miracles happen. When I swallowed my pride and asked for help, I moved into my own apartment within 48 hrs, then into a house, and additional apartments with roommates following college.

Currently, I reside in Dallas, TX... for now. Moving to Dallas was a major leap of faith for me. l knew that I needed change, prayed about it, and received confirmation from the Holy Spirit. Once I was approved for my apartment, I submitted a two weeks notice, gave away my furniture, and packed my car to capacity with my belongings. It was a 12-hr drive from Atlanta, GA; and it was hot as hell the first week that I arrived. 109 degrees was the max. I did not have a job secured when I arrived, simply interviews lined up. Doors opened, delayed but not denied. I only had enough to survive on my own (credit included) for 2 months without income. God supplied my every need; and I am forever grateful. Texans are extremely loving and kind, probably the most generous people that I've ever met. Who knows, maybe a new leap of faith is just what I need to spice things up and welcome new purpose and/or assignments.

God is faithful. He loves us and looks out for us. He will indeed work with our intentions in good faith. What good is faith if it isn't put to work? Don't be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone. I believe in you. 😉







Comments

Popular Posts