Dear Beautiful 1:8




Dear Beautiful,

The year 2020 has revealed the hearts and nature of man. From believers to unbelievers, from leaders to peers, the need for healing in our nation is evident. Fear has taken residence in the minds of many. Hatred has replaced love and understanding in some. Thankfully, love and the love for truth and justice still reigns exceedingly.

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be despised for my faith, but it simply goes to show that the Bible is accurate in prophecy. My hope is that we see ourselves, our hearts and intentions then adjust before it's too late. I hope that we can humble ourselves before life's unprecedented circumstances have to humble us. 

According to Think Global Health, millions of lives have been lost worldwide this year due to illnesses such as heart disease, cancer, stroke, and the novel coronavirus (Think). It could have been yours. It could have been mine. It wasn't my time to go; neither was it yours. Take a moment and reflect. How's your heart? What do you feel? If you're a believer, can you hear what the Spirit of the Lord is saying to you or do you simply hear all of the noise from the media, your peers, and the world? If all you hear is noise, then how do you expect to recognize truth? The same goes for unbelievers, can you easily discern truth and lies when bombarded with noise from every direction? It's not easy and will likely drive you crazy as you begin feeling and adopting the energy of the masses.

As you examine yourself, consider the following questions: Am I humble enough to admit my faults and apologize when I've wronged someone? Am I humble enough to serve all regardless of race, gender, and socioeconomic status? Am I humble enough to respect others' opinions that may be different from my own without causing strife? Am I humble enough to show gratitude and give credit to whom it's due? Am I humble enough to ask for help when I need it?

We all fall short, but it's not too late to correct ourselves if we still have breath in our bodies and a way to connect. With the acts of 2020, I wouldn't wait too long if I were you. 😉 Let's make things right if we are able. 


Looking Ahead:

  • Know your role.
  • Hold your position in faith.
  • Declare the Word of the Lord back to Him.
  • Watch your words to avoid unnecessary strife when speaking with others.




Wisdom:

Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Isaiah 35:4 KJV: "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you."

Philippians 4:6-7 KJV: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Matthew 25:21 KJV: "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."



Reference: 

Troeger, Christopher. “Just How Do Deaths Due to COVID-19 Stack Up?: Think Global Health.” Council on Foreign Relations, 15 Sept. 2020, www.thinkglobalhealth.org/article/just-how-do-deaths-due-covid-19-stack.




Comments

Popular Posts